Sunday, September 10, 2006

OC register 9/11 letters to editor

There is some good letters to the editor on 9/11. More than ever have I harped on this subject here:
Wake up call

Sept. 11 was the latest in a series of wake-up calls that we had been ignoring about the ferocious and unrelenting nature of the militant wing of Islam. The terrorists want us to be Muslim – or dead. There is no room to negotiate. They are evil and we must fight them. And we must realize that it is better to fight them in the Middle East than in North America.

Bill Markling

Fullerton

Thanks Bill. You are a great American! I'm glad you live in Fullerton. It's Great place to live and my family likes living there. And we agree that fighting the War over there is a lot better than fighting it here! AMEN!

And then we get the "Get out of Iraq" ones here:
Evaluating the Iraq War

Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, had no weapons of mass destruction and didn't harbor terrorists. Now, it is a terrorist haven, thanks to our invasion and occupation, which has provided a training ground for al-Qaida. Instead of mock battles in the desert, they have real battles with us and are successful. Statistically, you would think we could have easily won the war by now. Last December, our president told us there were about 25,000 insurgents in Iraq, and that 6 percent of them were outside terrorists. That's only 1,500 against 130,000-plus U.S. troops, 200,000-plus Iraqi troops and police and 26 million citizens who supposedly want a unity government.

Today, there is no mention of how many there are or why we can't defeat them. Since they dress the same as citizens, and the citizens either harbor them or refuse to point out where they are, how can we possibly win? About 98 percent of the killings daily are of Iraqi citizens, and the other 2 percent are U.S. soldiers, which amounts to a civil war, citizens killing each other. Our president has said that it isn't a civil war because they have a government in place.The United States had a government in place when we had our civil war.

When our president says that we must stay there until the job is done, why doesn't someone raise his hand and ask "what happens if the job doesn't get done?"

Chuck Feeney

Irvine



My response to you Chucky is if the job doesn't get done our country is a "goner." We will win the war if we all hunker together and get the job done. With victory we will achieve peace. It is the only way. We learned in WWII that "appeasement" did not work with Adolph Hitler and his fascist Nazis. It's the same thing with the Islamofascists trying to destroy Democracy and America. Funny thing there is no translation in Arabic for "Democracy." I wonder why?


And another point to Chucky on the "civil war." President Bush ment to say that the insergents don't have an established "government." If you remember in your US History (possibly you were asleep in class at the time) the confederacy had a government led by their President Jefferson Davis whom the South elected. Like I said the Arabic Islamic world does not support democracy with free elections. W is giving them that chance. If not, we'll go in and kill them. Got it?

2 comments:

Askinstoo said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

Askinstoo said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money