Saturday, February 09, 2008

John McCain the POW

I supported Romney for President but with his dropping out I'll support John McCain. I don't support some of his bills (Kennedy-McCain, McCain-Feingold, McCain-Lieberman) but I do support his involvement in the War in Terror. He stuck up for Bush and Petraus and supported the surge, while others stood back. He wants to get OBL even if it is at the gates to hell. And when the Left goes after him and tries to swift boat him his POW record, I say NO WAY! He is a fighter and I'm in for the fight of our country against the left. We need to stand together, and defeat the Dems. We will fight for victory on the war of terror. We will not waiver, we will not falter, we will succeed. But if we get Hillary or Obama, our military will suffer and we will loose the war on terror.

From Free Republic, John McCain's story here.
Now that I'm back, I find a lot of hand-wringing about this country. I don't buy that. I think America today is a better country than the one I left nearly six years ago.

The North Vietnamese gave us very little except bad news about the U. S. We didn't find out about the first successful moon shot [in 1969] until it was mentioned in a speech by George McGovern saying that Nixon could put a man on the moon, but he couldn't put an end to the Vietnam war.

They bombarded us with the news of Martin Luther King's death and the riots that followed. Information like that poured continuously out of the loud-speakers.

I think America is a better country now because we have been through a sort of purging process, a re-evaluation of ourselves. Now I see more of an appreciation of our way of life. There is more patriotism. The flag is all over the place. I hear new values being stressed-the concern for environment is a case in point.

No comments: