Friday, July 25, 2008

Obama's Prayer

The prayer that Obama left at the Wailing wall was taken out. Even in Israel, they have dishonest people! (OMG-d).
"Lord—Protect my family and me," reads the note published in the Maariv daily. "Forgive me my sins, and help me guard against pride and despair. Give me the wisdom to do what is right and just. And make me an instrument of your will."

The Rabbi who is in charge of the Western Wall says that publishing his prayer intruded on his relationship with God. I think so. But I wanted to publish his prayer to show he is just like every believer in christ. We are sinners and will do the will of God. God Bless Obama and his family. But I also say God Bless John McCain and his family too! May they both run great campaigns this November.
Update:
It seems that the Obama campaign has released the prayer to the media. To me the Obama prayer makes him look like a common man. But I still wonder if was for show. He did display a campaign banner at the wall.

From Israeli Insider here:
So, Obama called a play straight out of the Farrakhan playbook. The note is stolen and the Jew did it! The Jews, they are always to be blamed for everything. Who violated the sanctity of the note a man wrote to God? The Jews! Thus, Obama distracted from his visit to the Western Wall and appealed to his Muslim audience by being a victim of the Jews. His message to his Muslim audience: he believes as we do concerning the Jews.

Why the song and dance? It was a passion play designed to win votes. Jewish votes. Christian votes. Muslim votes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for respecting Obama's prayer.

If only that student had done the same.

I've read that it's not unusual for the prayers of public officials and religious leaders to be published--Pope John Paul's was.

But they're always asked for permission first.

Stealing a private prayer seems so ... shameful.