Sunday, July 30, 2006

Local Rallys in Little Gaza


I saw this map on Code-Red here and it reminded me of driving though Little Gaza yesterday after volunteering at the Joyful Child festival in Stanton. (I'll blog on the Joyful Child when I get back from Church today.) I wish I could have stopped to take pictures but just past Ball Road on Brookhurst is the Little Cedar Bakery (A Lebanese Bakery). Next to the Bakery is a strip mail where I saw Lebanese flags flying and a table set up. I did not see many protesters standing around. (Like the normal ones at these jihads rallies such as ANSWER and CODE-PINK types.) I don't want to sound alarmist but we do have to watch our backs. I live two miles away from Little Gaza in Anaheim. Just on Friday a "Muslim-American man angry with Israel" killed one and injured 5 others in a Jewish center in Seattle.

Update:
Here is the OCRegister pictures from yesterday's rally in Little Gaza here:


My attempt to get a drive by picture. You can see a US flag and the Lebonese flag and the interior of my car driving down Brookhurst.

Here's the story about the Little Gaza Rally in the OCRegister here:
Shalom Elcott, chief executive officer of the Jewish Federation of Orange County, said Friday that rally organizers included extremists.

"Everyone has a right to express themselves," he said.

"However, the virulent anti-Israel, anti-Zionist rhetoric of this group concerns us."

Protesters chanted and carried placards showing photos of children's bodies and Israeli soldiers with the caption: "Baby killers."

Hundreds at the rally paused in a mini-mall parking lot to bow toward Mecca. Non-Muslims joined the protest.

No comments: