Monday, January 22, 2007

Roe Vs. Wade 34 years ago

I remember the day I heard the ruling. It was a cold January and I was only 14 at the time. I thought it was wrong at the time. I'm glad I still believe it that way. It is still wrong to kill babies.

From ABC news here.

President Bush marked the 34th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision Monday, telling thousands of abortion foes he shares their goal of seeing "the day when every child is welcomed in life and protected into law."

Bush also signaled his unchanged opposition to a key goal of the Democrats who now control Congress: broadening embryonic stem-cell research.

"Our challenge is to make sure that science serves the cause of humanity instead of the other way around," the president said in a telephone call piped over loudspeakers to a Washington rally of opponents of abortion rights. "I have made clear to the Congress, we must pursue medical advances in the name of life, not at the expense of it."

No comments: