Sunday, January 14, 2007

"Who pays the price?"

“What I was trying to do in this exchange was to find common ground with Condi Rice,” Ms. Boxer said, adding that “my whole point was to focus on the military families who pay the price.”

“They’re getting this off on a non-existent thing that I didn’t
say,” Ms. Boxer said. “I’m saying, she’s like me, we do not have
families who are in the military. What they are doing is a really
tortured way to attack a United States Senator who voted against the
war.”

The exchange between Ms. Boxer and Ms. Rice came during a
hostile Senate hearing on Thursday in which Ms. Rice, seeking to sell
President Bush’s new Iraq plan to a skeptical Congress, faced an almost
solid wall of opposition from both Democrats and Republicans. Ms. Boxer
several times repeated the question, “who pays the price?”

Senator Boxer read excerpts from a radio interview with an American family that
lost a son in Iraq. “You can’t begin to imagine how you celebrate any
holiday or birthday,” Ms. Boxer said. “There’s an absence. It’s not
like the person’s never been there. They always were there and now
they’re not and you’re looking at an empty hole.”

Ms. Rice replied, “I can never do anything to replace any of those lost men and
women in uniform, or the diplomats, some of whom ...”

Ms. Boxer cut her off. “Madame Secretary, please, I know you feel terrible about
it. That’s not the point. I was making the case as to who pays the
price for your decisions.”

From NYTimes here.

Boxer fails to see the price of those (3,000 in a matter of 2 hours) who lost their lives on 9/11. The dems are crying because we have lost 3,000 (within the span of 5 years) solders who know the price and are willing to fight for our freedom.
Boxer does not understand the might of our military. Without the military we are weak.

I am glad we have Condi Rice advising the President on the hard decisions. And I'm glad it isn't someone like Barbara Boxer!

No comments: