Saturday, December 23, 2006

God Bless a Navy Vet!

I heard this one about 4 stranded Solders at SF. A Navy Vet helped them rent a car and drive them home for Christmas. And what a Merry Christmas they and their families will have. Thanks to you Paul Deines! You are a great American and thanks for your service.
"I'm a veteran myself," said Deines, 50, who served in the Navy. "I know how it is, being away from home on Christmas. I said, 'Let's get together and do something about it.' "

Deines had been in San Francisco on vacation.

He said the group drove straight through for 23 hours to get back to Denver. They ran into snow at Glenwood Springs, but made it over Vail Pass and got into Denver on Thursday afternoon, just as the blizzard was ending.

"That's what happens when people get together and help each other out," Deines said.

For the Kible family of Centennial, Christmas this year will be especially meaningful because of the kindness of a stranger.

"It was such a nice thing for Paul to do," Stacey Kible said. "He rented that van to get these boys home for Christmas. To me, that's truly the spirit of giving and the spirit of Christmas."

No comments: