Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Mommy Sheehan is going home

"The most devastating conclusion that I reached this morning, however, was that Casey did indeed die for nothing," she said in reference to her son, who was killed in Iraq in April 2004.

"I have tried every (day) since he died to make his sacrifice meaningful. Casey died for a country which cares more about who will be the next American Idol than how many people will be killed in the next few months while Democrats and Republicans play politics with human lives.

"It is so painful to me to know that I bought into this system for so many years and Casey paid the price for that allegiance. I failed my boy and that hurts the most."

Sheehan is right in that the Media is more focused on American Idol than the war. I watched Fox news yesterday and they were more focused on Lindsey Lohan than the Memorial Day events honoring our solders who sacarficed thier life to defend our country. But she is wrong about the reason why her son died. He died for us, he died for his country, and his flag. She did not fail her son. He did what was right. She might not believe in what he believed in. But he knew what he signed up for when he joined the military.

No comments: