Monday, April 06, 2009

Why Same Sex Marriage is wrong

I found this article on Family Research Council titled "Ten Arguments From Social Science Against Same-Sex 'Marriage'" here. I have posted these before but wanted to revisit the issue. Since the Iowa decision this weekend I wanted to re-iterate the issue why same sex Marriage is wrong. I don't hear any of the counter arguments in the MSM at all. All I hear is Same Sex Marriage is inevitable. I hope it doesn't because the raising of children in a same sex relationship. The evidence is toward raising kids with a Mom and Dad. Also, The welfare of the child is in jeopardy outside a traditional marriage.

And I don't oppose it because of the "ewe" factor. And I do support Domestic Partnerships. I could care less if same sex couples want to have all the rights of a marriage. Just don't call it Marriage. I still believe in the traditional marriage. I have lived one for 15 years and have two kids. My spouse has been very supportive. We could not do it any other way but raise the kids in a traditional way. Does that mean I am a bigot? I don't think so.


If we were asked to design a system for making sure that children's basic needs were met, we would probably come up with something quite similar to the two-parent ideal. Such a design, in theory, would not only ensure that children had access to the time and money of two adults, it also would provide a system of checks and balances that promoted quality parenting. The fact that both parents have a biological connection to the child would increase the likelihood that the parents would identify with the child and be willing to sacrifice for that child, and it would reduce the likelihood that either parent would abuse the child.

Here are the ten points:
1. Children hunger for their biological parents.
2. Children need fathers.
3. Children need mothers.
4. Evidence on parenting by same-sex couples is inadequate.
5. Evidence suggests children raised by homosexuals are more likely to experience gender and sexual disorders.
6. Same-sex "marriage" would undercut the norm of sexual fidelity within marriage.
7. Same-sex "marriage" would further isolate marriage from its procreative purpose.
8. Same-sex "marriage" would further diminish the expectation of paternal commitment.
10. Women and marriage domesticate men.


Let's remember it is the right of the children to be raised by ONE DAD and ONE MOM. And the protection of that child from abuse.

No comments: