Sunday, July 22, 2007

The book arrived by Owl Mail yesterday!

I'm happily reading the last Harry Potter book. It is sad but it seems like every chapter there is a death of a character. My friend Jim has reviewed the Order of the Phoenix. I agree that each book has become more and more mature as readers are getting older.
I think J.K. Rowling, the creator of the Potter series of books, has created a timeless and classic collection of stories, one that will be enjoyed by children and adults for decades to come. I also find part of the genius of her creation to be that she has taken into account the advancing years of the original fans of the series. In the beginning, with �Harry Potter and the Sorcerer�s Stone,� the story and adventures were for children. As each book was written, and each film produced, the stories have taken on an increasingly more adult tone, so much so that "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" is rated PG-13. It also means that the films are now more appealing to an older audience.


I haven't seen Order of the Phoenix yet. I'll probably do it next week on a date with the Husband. (The children can go to grandma's for the evening!)

No comments: